Monday, January 30, 2006

Stack Cam


I don't know if anyone remembers the wonderful web images produced last year by a local webcam called 'StackCam'..

The camera supplied by the general public of Rugby allowed us to keep tabs on the plume 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Unfortunately the camera ceased to operate when it's location could no longer be used.

Why don't we get it back up and running? Does anyone have a room with a view of the plume where we could place a video camera and small computer? A broadband connection is also important and I am sure we could find a way of helping out with the costs.

If you think you can help let me know by emailing stackcam@rugbytown.org

As you can see by the attached photo, sometimes the plume is much more menacing at night than it is in the daytime.. I wonder why..? ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that :)
I used to have it as a screen saver at work as it reminded me of home.